Accidents can happen, and your new Fifth Third Bank Preferred Banking Visa Signature® Rewards Card’s Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver provides some reassuring protection the next time you rent a car with 24-hour insurance coverage. It will reimburse your for the repair or replacement of covered losses to your rental vehicle when certain terms and conditions are met.
This is an insurance program; certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
To get coverage:
- Initiate and complete the entire rental transaction with your eligible Preferred Banking Visa Signature card
- Decline the auto rental company’s collision damage waiver (CDW/LDW) option, or similar provision, if offered by the auto rental company
Your coverage includes:
- Physical damage and/or theft of the covered rental vehicle
- Valid loss-of-use charges imposed and substantiated by the auto rental company through a fleet utilization log
- Reasonable and customary towing charges, due to a covered loss, to the nearest qualified repair facility
How to file a claim:
- Contact your Benefit Administrator:
- By mail:
Benefit Administrator: Cardholder Services
550 Mamaroneck Avenue, Suite 309
Harrison, NY 10528
- By phone:
1-800-397-9010; Outside the United States, call collect at 0-410-902-8012
- Submit the following documentation within forty-five (45) days of the incident or the claim will not be honored:
- The completed and signed Visa Signature Auto Rental CDW Claim Form. Your completed claim form must be postmarked within ninety (90) days * of the date of the damage or theft, even if all other required documentation is not yet available, or your claim will be denied.
- A copy of your receipt or monthly billing statement as proof that the entire vehicle rental was charged and paid for with your eligible Preferred Banking Visa Signature card.
- A statement from your insurance carrier (and/or your employer or employer’s insurance carrier, if applicable) or other reimbursement showing the costs for which you are responsible and any amounts that have been paid toward the claim. Or, if you have no applicable insurance or reimbursement, please provide a notarized statement to that effect.
- A copy of the declaration page from your automobile insurance carrier. Enclose all the documents you received from the auto rental company:
- A copy of the Accident Report Form.
- A copy of the entire auto rental agreement(s).
- A copy of the repair estimate or itemized repair bill.
- Two (2) photographs of the damaged vehicle, if available.
- A police report, if obtainable.
- Any other documentation deemed necessary by the Benefit Administrator to substantiate the claim.
For complete details of this and all other benefits, refer to the Guide to Benefits that came with your Preferred Banking Visa Signature® Rewards Card or click here.